Mr Palan is a Consultant Trauma and Lower Limb Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising hip and knee surgery, particularly revision hip and knee arthoplasty. Additionally he is highly experienced with the management of periprosthetic joint infections and periprosthetic fractures and pain management post-surgery.
He works for the NHS but can see patients privately, both self paying and insured and can accept referrals through NHS chose and book.
Mr Palan is highly involved in teaching and using robotic and computer navigation surgery in order to optimise patient outcomes. Additionally he is especially interested in the evolving role of wearable sensors in order to provide personalised and round the clock delivery of pre- and post-operative physiotherapy rehabilitation programme.
Mr Palan is based in Leeds and also holds Medico-Legal clinics in Leeds and Nottingham.
- Spire Hospital, Leeds
- Insight Therapy Centre, Leeds (For Medico-Legal Clincs)
- Magnolia Therapy Centre, Nottingham (For Medico-Legal Clinics)
- FRCS (Trauma & Orthopaedics)
- MBBS Bachelor of Medicine; Bachelor of Surgery
- BSc Immunology & Cell Pathology 1st Class Honours
- He is regarded highly in academia with over 30 peer reviewed publications in the field and as a co-author of several textbooks.
- Awarded the British Hip Society (BHS) sponsorship for the British Orthopaedic Association (BOA) Future Leaders Programme for 2021
- Part of the British Association for Surgery of the Knee (BASK) producing national recommendations and guidelines into all aspects of knee replacement surgery for the UK
Jaya Palan is under the care of Omni Medical Services. To contact his private secretary please call 0161 772 0961